Monday 15 September 2014

Patch tick, supermoon, funny gull. Weekly highlights 14/09/2014

Patch ticks are brilliant.  They are so good that they are probably better than life ticks.  There I said it.  Patch ticks are better than lifers.  


Last week, Pied Flycatcher.   This week, a bloody Kingfisher!!


Yes, a bloody Kingfisher - sitting in view of a camera!



My best ever Kingfisher photos, but not great Kingfisher photos. With it sitting in deep shade and then shooting down at the bird meant that the DOF is too shallow for the whole bird to be in focus.  Had the aperture been more suitable, the shutter speed would have been to slow.  For me this was an interesting lesson in photo-taking.

Little critter stayed until Friday at least.  Doing fishing and hiding and all of those Kingfishery things.

Had a conversation with a man.  
"What exactly are you looking at?" said said man. 
"A supermoon" said I.  
"Yes it is, isn't it" said the said man.
"Literally," I said "this is a Super Moon blah blah blah blah"
"Oh, I see.  I'm from Croydon".
"Do you know Paul?  He's from Croydon."
"Er..."


Moon


Moon

Sea, moonlight.


And if you hadn't seen the post the other day, there was a funny gull kicking about too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...