Thursday 11 September 2014

Leucistic Herring Gull, 10/09/2014

I saw a gull yesterday and it seemed to have white wing tips.  I dismissed this as wishful thinking and that the sun was behind it and I was hungry, and being silly.  Then it started flying about.

'Crikey' I said.  

More than once.  

Once viewed with an optical aid, it was quite obvious what it is/was and I managed to snatch a few photos which larophiles will enjoy.  Instructional they will say. Stroking of chins they will do.

Anyhow, here is a leucistic Herring Gull that  I found yesterday.  Enjoy...


Flying...

...flying with some plastic in it's gob (seems to be the norm these days)...


...more flying...

....hmmm, tailband - yummy.


I have more photos of this bird, but four is enough isn't it?

If this isn't quite enough gullage for you, feel free to click here for some more...



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...