Saturday 10 August 2013

European Roller, Horsey

Birders, or more specifically Twitcherers, are weird.  I've said it before and my position is regularly supported by the actions of the above on these twitches.  

Today's example. I noticed today at the Roller at Horsey (did I mention that I had seen a bloody Roller!!!)  that when members of the public asked what on earth  are you lot pointing expensive optics at, the stock response was 'it's a European Roller'.  Why the 'European' bit?  What do they care if it is European, Himalayan or Martian?  Just tell them that it is "a Roller" and that it is bloody bright blue, most excellent and stop being so bloody pompous about it all for crying out loud.  

Anyhow, this is what you will see if you go there.

It is there if you look hard enough.
As the opportunity for a decent photo of the bird are verging on the non-existent and this is  blog based on my current adventures in bird photography here is a photo I took in my garden this morning instead.

This was eating leftover curry rice.  Really it was.  Very nice curry too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...