Sunday 9 February 2014

Glossy Ibis, Martham, Norfolk 8th Feb 2014

A short while ago I went to look in a field in North Norfolk for a bird.  I saw the bird and it looked like this...


File under 'record shot'.



Yesterday however, was a little different.  I was sort of on the way to somewhere that if you took a certain route ended up passing Martham. Evidently, in the delightfully named Cess Road' there had been a bird similar to the bird above that was hanging about there. If I got a wiggle on, I might get there before dark which would be ideal.  So with the winter light quickly running out, I took my chances.  Once located, I had precisely four minutes of time before the bird was flushed by a passer by.  The results this time are little more to my satisfaction.









All on A Priority, f6.3, ISO 800, which in the circumstances could have been pushed higher as the shutter speed was occasionally falling below 1/500s but thankfully the thing doesn't move very fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...